Reputable insurance companies are widely known for their ability to saturate the media with advertisements about the policies they offer. These insurance companies can be a reliable option because they have been in the industry for a long period of time. however, that does not mean that they are the best option for your personal insurance needs. Independent insurance agents can also provide reliable service. Plus, they often have much more to offer than just one company. Here are 7 advantages of using an independent insurance agent for your personal insurance needs.
1. more options
Independent agents work with a variety of insurance companies to provide you with the best coverage at the lowest prices. An independent insurance agent has access to many markets to get you the policies you need. This access to options can mean lower rates, less restrictive policies, and better coverage. Independent insurance agents can often provide ways to fill potential gaps in coverage using policies that work alongside the insurance you already have.
2. save money
Because independent insurance agents aren’t tied to one company, they can shop around to offer you the best rates. An independent agent has no brand preference, which means you’ll have the opportunity to compare a variety of prices for the same policy. Often this comparison can result in significant savings. You can combine these savings with multiple policy discounts and the option to purchase insurance policies that work together to provide comprehensive coverage.
3. a customer advocate
Insurance agents affiliated with a company are often subject to strict requirements. an independent insurance agent works for the client instead of a single company. this is a huge advantage when it comes to filing a claim. Insurance claims are complicated, and it’s easy for policyholders to get lost in the process and the technical terms involved. An independent insurance agent is a trained professional who works on your behalf, increasing your chances of getting a fair settlement.
4. unbiased advice
Insurance agents who work with a company have a narrow view of the industry. On the other hand, independent agents work with dozens of companies that offer different types of insurance policies. In addition, independent insurance agents work closely with clients and can offer advice related to previous positive or negative experiences of other clients.
Because independent insurance agents aren’t advocates of one company, they can help you find the best prices without any preference for one company or another. This freedom also allows independent insurance agents to find plans that best fit their clients’ needs.
5. they know you
An independent agent is someone in your local community who can meet your insurance needs throughout your life. this local knowledge provides many advantages. a local agent gets to know you as a person and learns about the changes you experience over time. they often offer advice and learn about which companies have given you satisfactory service in the past. In addition, local insurance agents are knowledgeable about risks specific to the area. this knowledge can ensure that you avoid any gaps in coverage.
A local agent is nearby with the ability to attend to your issues immediately when you have a claim to file or questions about your coverage. this personalized service helps you avoid the frustrations of long waits on the phone to speak with an out-of-state agent who may not even know her name. Working with an independent insurance agent you know can make it easier to keep your insurance current and shop for new policies when you need them.
6. single window
You often need different types of insurance to meet the needs of your lifestyle. An independent insurance agent can offer you a simple one stop shop for all your needs. Independent insurance agents typically offer many different types of insurance, including homeowners, auto, commercial, personal articles, and umbrella policies. They can also provide policies that cover unique concerns like pets, classic cars, and special event insurance.
Instead of visiting multiple agencies to compare prices and benefits, discuss your insurance needs with an agent and wait while the best options are presented to you. shopping online can be time consuming and frustrating when you have no experience in the industry. An independent agent can save you time and give you more options than you can find on your own. Instead of filling out numerous forms on your own, you can get instant quotes from multiple companies to quickly make the best decision and get on with your life.
7. licensed and experienced
Independent agents are licensed and have the experience to explain insurance terms in simple, understandable language. the insurance agency is full of complications, exclusions and technical language. Since most policyholders are not professionals, it can be hard to understand what coverage you have and what you really need. Unfortunately, this often leads to customers leaning to one extreme or the other. some choose to buy just enough insurance to comply with local laws and end up underinsured. others end up paying expensive monthly premiums for insurance they’ll never use.
Understanding insurance policies can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be a hassle. at the lopriore insurance agency, our motto is insurance that adapts to your lifestyle. our independent agents work closely with clients to form long-term relationships that provide you with the best insurance coverage to meet your needs no matter your lifestyle. If you are in Massachusetts and looking for personal insurance, contact us today. Our experienced agents are ready to answer your questions, discuss our available policies, and provide an instant quote. get personalized service and peace of mind with an independent insurance agent who really works for you.
insurance agent vs. buying insurance directly from the insurance company
- Independent insurance agents are licensed professionals.
- Independent agents sell insurance for multiple companies.
- Independent insurance agents own their own business and put your interests first.
- Independent insurance agents are usually members of their local community who are knowledgeable about the specific needs of the area.
- Independent insurance agents offer unbiased insurance advice that fits your lifestyle.
- You can find a one-stop shop for the lowest rates with your independent insurance agency.
- You can keep your relationship with your insurance agent if you decide to change insurance companies.
- Independent insurance agents typically work with small businesses you might not otherwise know about.
- Independent insurance agents can help you find discounts from a variety of companies for a package that fits your budget.
- Independent insurance agents are paid commissions on the products they sell, which means customer retention is essential.
- Your independent insurance agent handles all aspects of your coverage and can guide you through the claims process if the need arises.
- Direct insurance agents are licensed professionals.
- Captive agents sell insurance for a single company.
- Captive agents work for an insurance company with the company’s goals at the forefront.
- Captive insurance agents are usually employed by a large, well-known company.
- direct insurance agents can provide extensive advice on a single company.
- You should shop around to determine which direct insurance agent/company offers the best rates in your area.
- You may decide to move to a new company when your insurance doesn’t meet your needs.
- direct insurance agencies offer policies you are probably already familiar with.
- direct insurance agents are up to date on new offers and discounts from a single company.
- Direct insurance agents are paid a salary from the company that will not change if they lose your business.
- Direct insurance agents may not handle all aspects of your coverage, which may leave you working with a stranger in the event you need to file a claim.