make a total loss gap insurance claim?
Making an insurance claim is never pleasant and making a total loss gap insurance claim is no exception. We have worked very hard with our insurers and claims team to ensure that any claim you make is handled as smoothly and quickly as possible. however, there is never a good reason why you would have had to file a claim, whether your vehicle was stolen and you were a victim of theft, or worse yet, you were in an accident which meant your vehicle was written off.
Reading: How to claim gap insurance
how to make a gap insurance claim
- The first action should come from your motor insurer. Once they confirm that they will not repair or replace your vehicle, they seek to ‘cancel’ the vehicle instead and make you a market value offer, then you can start your gap insurance claim. It is critical that you do not accept the auto insurers settlement offer before contacting our gap insurance claims team. If you call our claims team first, they will be able to confirm what documentation we require, and it also provides an opportunity for our claims team to discuss outstanding issues directly with your auto insurer, if necessary.
- upon receipt of the required documentation (examples of which would be a copy of the letter confirming your auto insurer’s settlement offer, a copy of the vehicle bill of sale, a copy of any settlement outstanding financial, etc.) the claims team will be able to confirm the applicable “deficit” payment on the claim.
- The gap insurance settlement is processed and issued to you. We expect this process to take between 7 and 10 business days from the time all requested documentation is received.
Only your own auto insurance has the right to declare your vehicle a total loss, and under the letter of the law and our terms and conditions, you do not have to contact us until they have confirmed this in writing. . in fact, you have up to 120 days after the day the incident occurred, which meant your vehicle was written off, to tell us.
however, we suggest that you contact us in the interim period not only to mean we can provide assistance, but also help as a reminder to ensure you have all the relevant paperwork on hand so that as soon as your vehicle is officially declared a “total loss,” our claims team can take action.
At Total Loss, we fully understand that this can be a very stressful time and the last thing we would want is to add additional stress to what could already be a very traumatic experience. therefore, as part of our claims procedure, we ask that you transfer the authority to our claims team to speak directly with your auto insurance company.
This helps everyone ensure your claim is handled quickly and efficiently.
- You are not stuck between two highly trained loss adjusters having to go back and forth between your gap insurance and the insurance company and you can avoid all the stress and strain this could otherwise cause.
- helps keep costs down as we don’t have to pay for increased staffing levels to allow for this increased time lag and to keep you informed for extended periods of time.
- speeds up the entire claims process, which in turn helps our insurers and also means you get paid fast.
- ensures that both insurance companies (both your insurance company and our claims team) pay their fair share, not a penny more and not a penny less.
Key contact details for claims
Telephone contact for the claims team: 0114 321 9877
claims address: spectrum insurance services limited, westthorpe business innovation centre, westthorpe business park, killamarsh, s21 1tz
Claims team email: [email protected]
Please note that the claims team’s hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 5:00 p.m. m., Monday through Friday. the claims team is not available on weekends and holidays. any contact made in these periods will be processed as quickly as possible when the office reopens.
Our claims teams are highly trained experts with a wealth of experience and a real commitment to genuine customer service.
Remember, our goal is to get your total loss gap policy claim paid as quickly as possible. To do this, we need the cooperation of both the auto insurer (or any third-party insurer involved) and our policyholder. If you have any questions regarding your claim, always seek the advice of our claims team. this will help ensure claims are handled quickly and efficiently.
so while our policies are genuinely good, we can’t prevent your vehicle from being written off or you being in an accident, however we can make sure making a total loss gap insurance claim is as simple as and without stress. transparent and simple as possible.